The Westport Mini Maker Faire, produced by Remarkable STEAM, Inc. and the Westport Library, is a community organized Faire that brings together science, crafts, arts, engineering, technology, music, and workshops. It will be held on Saturday, April 27th from 10 am – 4 pm at the Westport Library and on Jesup Green.
This family friendly event showcases the work of a variety of makers from Westport, Connecticut and beyond – we provide an outlet for anyone who embraces the DIY or DIT (do-it-together) spirit and wants to share their accomplishments with an appreciative audience. Exhibits that are interactive or highlight the process of making things are especially desired.
- Call for Makers Open Date: January 30, 2013
- Call for Makers Close Date: March 27, 2013
- Entry Form
How It Works
- Click the above “Entry Form” button and fill out the form with as much detail as you can
- this year we’re going to have signs for your tables, and possibly some sort of maker identification, so don’t misspell your name!
- give us videos, pictures, blog posts, anything to learn about your project and then publicize it once you’re in
- Click the big “Submit” button at the bottom once you’re done
- We’ll receive your submission, and you’ll be put on our “Maker Applicants” list
- Within 2-3 weeks of submission (be patient with us – we’re all just volunteers you know), you will receive an email letting you know you did or did not get approved. Space is limited so be sure to get your project in early!
- All approved makers will be put on our 2013 Makers mailing list and you will receive the Maker Manual to get you up to date on all of the details
- On April 27th, you arrive early at Jesup Green and the Westport Library with bright eyes and bushy tails, set up shop, and get to showing off your projects and inspiring people
We’re looking for makers who fit into these categories (and others!):
- 3D Printing
- Amateur Rocketry
- Art Cars
- Clothing Making
- DIY Biology
- Edible Schoolyards
- HAM Radio Operators
- How to Fix Things or Take Them Apart
- Human Powered Machines
- Make Your Own Instruments
- Molecular Gastronomy
- Raspberry Pis
- Rube Goldberg Groups
- Student Projects
- Tesla Coils
- Unusual Tools or Machines
- Vintage Electronics and Computers
- Workshops and Speakers
- Anything else you can probably come up with!
Standard Maker Setup
The day of the Faire, you will get an 8′ x 8′ space. Each space will have one 6’ table and 1 chair. There will be electricity if needed, based upon information supplied on your application. You will need to bring everything else that you need. If you need additional space, please let us know on the application form. You’ll want to be able to display your work and/or show how you make something.
Head to http://goo.gl/NfBj2 and fill it out to the best of your ability to tell us about yourself and your project
For any questions or comments about being a maker, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other Ways to Participate
Sponsors: We are happy to have individuals, organizations, foundations and companies sponsor us. We have four different levels to suit different needs. We are also happy to customize sponsorship opportunities to fit specific needs. Check out the attached Sponsorship Opportunities document or contact Mark Mathias at email@example.com or 203-226-1791.
Volunteers: This Faire wouldn’t exist without volunteers. We are 100% homegrown and community organized! If you’d like to join the team or know someone who would like to volunteer that day, please go to our website. Soon there will be a link to a volunteer form.