CLASP’s roots run deep within our community and with the families of those people we serve. In 1976 a small group of families who had children with developmental disabilities who were all in the same school class, began planning weekend activities together. These activities grew to become routine, and the group began to grow. In 1978 this group began to discuss the future of their children as they grew to be adults and would no longer be involved in the school system. In 1982 the group developed a limited partnership and opened CLASP’s first group home on Kings Highway in Westport. Since that time, CLASP has added a dozen more homes and an apartment program to support the ever growing list of individuals needing these services. Family and community involvement continue to be a strong focus of the organization as we grow and add programs to meet the needs of people in greater Fairfield County.
Subscribe to our mailing list
- Fab Lab of the Week: Westport, CT Library's MakerSpace 3D Printing on About
- Josselin on Westport Mini Maker Faire is Saturday 28 April 2012
- Westport Mini-Maker Faire | NESIT Hackerspace on About
- Events Schedule for Westport Mini Maker Faire | Westport Mini Maker Faire on Announcing the “Rube Goldberg Experiment” – Apply Now!
- Events Schedule for Westport Mini Maker Faire | Westport Mini Maker Faire on Announcing the “Battle of the Homemade Bands” – Apply Now!
Free Digital Copy