See demonstrations of actual radio projects used by amateurs. There will be a display of antique and modern equipment. Ham Radio, also known as Amateur Radio is a popular hobby and a service in which licensed participants operate communications equipment with a deep appreciation of the radio art. The unique hobby of Amateur Radio is a mix of fun, public service, and convenience. Although hams get involved for many reasons, they all have in common a basic knowledge of radio technology and operating principles, and pass an examination for the FCC license to operate on radio frequencies known as the “Amateur Bands.” These bands are radio frequencies reserved by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) for use by hams at intervals from just above the AM broadcast band all the way up into extremely high microwave frequencies.
Subscribe to our mailing list
- Fab Lab of the Week: Westport, CT Library's MakerSpace 3D Printing on About
- Josselin on Westport Mini Maker Faire is Saturday 28 April 2012
- Westport Mini-Maker Faire | NESIT Hackerspace on About
- Events Schedule for Westport Mini Maker Faire | Westport Mini Maker Faire on Announcing the “Rube Goldberg Experiment” – Apply Now!
- Events Schedule for Westport Mini Maker Faire | Westport Mini Maker Faire on Announcing the “Battle of the Homemade Bands” – Apply Now!
Free Digital Copy